Thursday, July 3, 2014

A Little ABC Quilt


As I start another one of these quilts I realise I did not even blog about the first one.  This quilt feels like cheating it is so quick to make.  It was one of the quilts I put together over our ANZAC weekend sewing retreat with my quilting buddies.  Adrianne ran an impromptu session on free motion quilting for some of us and got Vicki and I well on our way (I will have to check with Vicki whether I can share one of her photos here in a later post as she is a natural with the free motion quilting).  Me, not so, but I will persevere.  If you look closely you will see where I broke a needle right in the middle of the black vulture (sods law that it would be on the black).

The finished size of the quilt is 65 x 69 cm, so perfect for a stroller, change quilt, or baby capsule.

The fabric is the Alexander Henry's ABC with Me and the border is Very Duck Egg Blue Spot, which  is almost sold out but is still available in the Mini version.  The binding was a stripe I had.  The backing is a co-ordinating Alexander Henry fabric ABC to Z.

2 comments:

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

It's really such a cute little quilt. Can't wait to see V2.0 :-)

Leonie said...

Adorable! Sods law!!! dont you despise that! Looking forward to seeing the next one :)